Boston Spa Academy Governing Body 2017-2018
CHAIR: Stephen Hall
VICE CHAIR: Michael Millward
The Constitution of the Governing Body is:
- 1 Local Authority Governor, recommended by the LA and approved by the Governing Body
- 2 Foundation Governors, appointed by the Education Trust for Excel Learning Trust
- 2 Parent Governors formally elected through a ballot of parents
- 1 Staff Governor, formally elected by staff employed at school
- 7 Co-Opted Governors, nominated and appointed by the Governing Body
Full details of the 2017-2018 Governing Body Membership including members Declarations of Interest can be found here.
The Governing Body operates with the following committees:
- Teaching and Learning Committee
- Improving Resources Committee (inc. Site, Safety and Community)
- Pay Review Committee
- Individual Needs Committee
Governors with Specific Responsibilities are:
|Child Protection||Anthony Casson|
|Inclusion/Looked After Children||Anthony Casson|
|Race Equality||Stephen Hall|
|Extended Services Collaborative Committee||Michael Millward|
|Pupil Premium||Rhian Jones|
Code of Conduct
The Governing Body has responsibility for determining, monitoring and keeping under review the broad policies, plans and procedures within which the school operates.
We recognise that the Headteacher is responsible for the implementation of policy and internal organisation and management of the school, and the implementation and operation of the curriculum.
We accept that all governors have equal status and that every governor’s role is to govern the school in the best interest of pupils, not to represent the interests of the community from which they are appointed.
We have no legal authority to act individually, except where the Governing Body has given us deleted authority to do so.
We will encourage open government and shall be seen to be doing so.
We will consider carefully how our decisions may affect other schools.
For Governors Attendance to the 2016-2017 meetings can be found here.