Meet our Attendance Manager
What if your child’s attendance drops?
- If your child is off school and you do not ring the office to report the absence you will receive a call from our attendance manager or our attendance administrator.
- If your child is absent from school for more than three days, you will receive a phone call home or a home visit to see if any support is required.
- If your child’s attendance drops below 96%, it will be monitored closely.
- If your child’s attendance falls below 90%, they will be recognised as a persistent absentee and may be reported to the local authority.
Actions that could be taken;
- Home visits conducted by the pastoral team including our safer schools police officer PC Hobson.
- Letters regarding attendance will be sent home to advise you of further action.
- A formal attendance contract meeting will be arranged in school.
- If there is still no improvement your case could be passed to the local authority for possible prosecution; this could result in a fine or a prison sentence.
What to do if your child is poorly;
- If your child is poorly, you must phone into the academy on each day of illness and write or send medical evidence such as a hospital appointment or doctors note.
- We do not operate the 48hour policy of staying off from the academy after sickness.
- If your child has got a health problem such as asthma, epilepsy, diabetes or suffers from allergies, there is no reasons your child cannot come to the academy and enjoy a normal everyday academy life like other children.
- Most health problems can be managed within the academy with help; just ask your attendance manager for support.